MK-677 is a long active orally bioactive agonist of the GHS-R1a. As such, binds to the same receptor that GHRP2, GHRP6, and Ipamorelin also stimulate. Also called lbutamoren, it has shown to cause a predictable rise in IGF-1 but unlike other GH secretagogues doesn’t help to decrease adipose tissue. It has been shown to increase lean muscle mass and might be a good candidate for sarcopenic patients with low bone mineral density. In order to reduce the negative effect of somatostatin, MK-677 is best taken on an empty stomach with no insulin in the system.
• Improves reduced levels of GH and IGF-1, such as in children or elderly adults with growth hormone deficiency
• Enhances post-surgical wound healing (patient should start 6 to 8 weeks prior to surgery for speedy recovery)
• Increases both muscle mass and bone mineral density
• Increases markers of both bone resorption and formation, promising therapy for the treatment of frailty in the elderly
• Alters metabolism of body fat and so may have application in the treatment of obesity
• Improves quality of sleep (enhance IV, REM and REM Latency)
1 month supply
• Men take 25mg (1 capsule daily) on an empty stomach before bed.
• Women take 10mg (1 capsule daily) on an empty stomach before bed.
• Recommended 3-4 month cycle with 2 months off.